plenum volume

Brian Knowles briankk at aimnet.com
Fri Feb 20 21:35:45 GMT 1998

>bruce plecan wrote:
>>

>> Part of the reasoning for this is the Can-Am big blocks
>> of the mid/late 60's, really long IR with huge cross-
>> sectional areas.
>>   It sorta follows the flow, of what most people do/think
>> but I like my tweaks.
>>   Bruce
>> Any others with other thoughts?.

In one ofthe late McLarens, Mk8s, the intake runners were of different
lengths, in an attempt to broaden the power range.  I recall that these
also had expotential bell mouths, the general effect, visually, was of some
strange aluminum-colored growth sprouting from the engine compartment.
Think it was Kinsler constant flow injection.  In any case it was a
privateer entry, Hulme and Donahue whipped it regularly, in spite of how
pretty it was.  I saw that car a few year ago on the concours circuit,
still can't remember the driver.  Motzenbacher, perhaps.

Brian