plenum volume

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Fri Feb 20 23:23:51 GMT 1998

-> In one ofthe late McLarens, Mk8s, the intake runners were of
-> different lengths, in an attempt to broaden the power range.

 That's widely reported, but the cars running the big block Chevrolet
motors did it to *equalize* the runner lengths.  The BBC has
asymmetrical intake ports, with two "long" and two "short" ports in each
head since Chevrolet wanted to retain the paired intakes while using
equally-spaced exhausts, for no good reason I can see.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us===http://home1.gte.net/42/index.htm==
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?