Variable Compression, Variable Displacement you decide

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Sat Feb 21 02:23:27 GMT 1998

I think:If you heat gasses it will exspand.Thats how the combustion engine
work,
lots of hot gas speeds up to try to get tru the turbines housing.The
turbine wheel slowes this speed and captures some of the energy.Less speed,
less energy
in the gasses, less pressure less heat.When the piston is at the bottom
dead senter(after combustion)it will have pressure, but the piston can not
use this pressure, because it wants to go up again(stupid piston!)some of
this energy is
used to get the gasses rapidly out of engine(good pressure ,you need
smaller
exh.valve than inlet.)Want to speed up the turbine?Make the ignition
late,and
dump more energy into exhaust.Turbo cam shafts opens exhaust earlier (more
energy to turbo) and
closes earlier.(stops some of the backpressure going into combustion camber
again)(lovers combustion temp.)(ocures  at high rpm,when backpressure is
greater than
boost,)(depends on turbine sizing))
                    Espen