EFI fuel line size

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Mon Feb 23 04:36:44 GMT 1998

I need to figure out what size fuel line to use for the twin turbo
project... It's an 89 IROC, with fuel at 40-70 psi, 500 hp planned, with
750 hp tops in a year or two. I figured max fuel consumption is around
450 lb/hr (that the motor will see in a few years) I'd rather not
replace the line once I put it in. How can I calculate (equations are
good) the size of hose needed (AN size and also hard metal line) and the
return line? I'm guessing 8 AN main line and 4 AN return line. Should I
use hard line (much cheaper) or braided line? TIA!

********************Skulte Performance Designs************************
Andris Skulte   askulte at tufts.edu   http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~askulte
89 IROC M5 305 TPI     13.5 at 104.1   320 hp / 470 ft lbs

According to Einstein, the faster you go, the longer you live.