KISS System

Dave J. Andruczyk dave at scarlet.buffalostate.edu
Mon Feb 23 12:22:27 GMT 1998

>     I may be stupid about electronics, but it seems to me that most of
> the EFI systems out there are way too complex.  Anybody out there
> building a KISS EFI system that doesn't require operator intervention?

Yep,  been twiddling with an idea for the Bosch K-jetronic system, which
is what you were describing.  All my system adds is an O2 sensor and a
stepper motor that will manually controll the control pressure regulator,
the system will run closed loop, as soon as  a temp sensor trips.  So the
system will run normally at startup (rich), and when the enging gets up to
temp, the O2 sensor will begin to feed signals to a box that just
increments the stepper motor in the proper direction, affecting control
pressure up, or down, as needed.  The main disadvantage is the system is
constantly trying to seek out the best mix, and tends to overshoot it,
though that is a minor control system problem.  If an O2 sensor from those
new Toyotas was available then a perfect mix could be obtained and
controlled within a tight ratio.

Dave