FW: MAF Upgrad

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Feb 24 15:09:06 GMT 1998

>case.  It might be easier to just have one MAF supply voltage (and the
>other is a dummy) and just change your tables to compensate.  i.e. assume
>that twice the amount of air is entering the engine as the MAF says there is.

The advantages of doing this is its very simple to devise - bolt on a few
MAFs and connect them up.  But, with my desire to run twin turbo's, this
introduces more potential for problems, as I'd have to have the ECM be
aware of one turbo is boosting higher than the other...  I debated for a
while, physically mounting the turbo's in such a way that I could put a
shaft rod between them to ensure they boost at the same level, but I dunno.
 I started making my manifold anyway, though the front of the intake log
plenum has an open face - I'll be welding on a panel with either one hole
or two depending on how I'm going - I have two MAFs, two ThrottleBodies,
and using two, allows more flow with cheap OEM junkyard parts.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental