Mazda EFI ECMs

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Feb 24 15:09:13 GMT 1998

>is doing in the engine.  The ECU is too simple, however, and has almost
>no diagnostinc capability, with the exception of a limited error code
>"morse code" output.

Sorry that your research hasn't been overly fruitful as of yet.

However, reverse engineering the output codes might not be totally
impossible, assuming the Mazda does provide this information.  You would
attach a diagnostic tool, and an oscilloscope, and watch the output while
you recieve valid data.  Its not the entire solution, but its a start.

All those neat solinoids you have under your hood are for emmissions and
wastegate control, you have a turbo, right?

Another option, is to pick up "Turbo and High Tech Performance" (or read it
at the newsstands), there are several vendors in there who are rotor-happy
engine builders, and might be a good resource to ask some questions...

I saw a Mazda rotary specific magazine a few years ago in a Doctor's
office, but I don't recall the name nor have I seen it again...

Hope I have helped.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/