FW: MAF Upgrad

JRECPA at aol.com JRECPA at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 16:28:01 GMT 1998

<< More than likely, I'm going to have to find a giant MAF and run both
 turbo's through it, using Y-Pipes.  Though I must admit I'm very tempted to
 dismantle one of them and make a bigger housing, and repeat the shop-vac
 test and see what readings I get (of course, with a better dimmer <Grin>).

 Hope I didn't bore everyone!

 Frederic Breitwieser
 Bridgeport, CT 06606
 http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

 1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
 1989 4-Door Softtop Humvee (Hummer)
 2000 Buick GTP (Mid-engine track car)

Why don't you use one MAF and use a bypass valve that opens
at WOT to let in more air. The MAF is only useful when in closed
loop. In the open loop of full throttle you can program for the extra
air that the bypass valve can add. Cheap and effective way of adding
extra air for HP. In your twin turbo setup you need to have a balance
tube between the 2 halfs of the engine, or use the exhaust of one side
to drive the turbo of the othersides input. That way you will balance
the turbo speed.

James