info about Honda UEGO sensor

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Wed Feb 25 02:51:30 GMT 1998

> Frank,
> Thanks for all the info on the wide range 02 sensors.  Is this to say that
> a person could buy an NGK 5-wire from Honda for $130 and then a control box
> from NTK(NGK) (after signing the waiver) for $400 and have a working
> system?  That's not GREAT news ($530), but it appears to be the best deal
> going.
> Thanks again,
> Brock

Well I thought of that too but it turns out there is a calibration
resistor that calibrates the box to the sensor so it unfortunately
will not work. The value of the resistor goes over a fairly wide
range so I think the potential errors are probably significant.

The new FelPro ecm that uses the NTK sensor is able to do that
calibration in software so if you need to replace your NTK sensor
you do not need to send it ecm to be recalibrated- can be done in
software. My understanding is that the NTK retrofit for the DFI
requires a hardware calibration.

Have faith- there may be others in the NTK a/f field other than the high$$
Horiba before too much longer.

Regards,

Frank Parker