8 cycling 4 stroke?

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 06:06:15 GMT 1998

Bruce wrote:
 > In the new Sport Compact Car (Apr 98) they memtion, big
 > cammed V-8 engines, only firing every other compression
 > stroke, at idle !!.
 >   Can any one comfirm this?. >>

Bruce, did they actually say that the ignition fires the cylinder
every 8th stroke, or that the engine starts 8 cycling at idle?
Lots of big proted over cammed drag cars loose the rowdy
cam sound at hot ide and make that smoothed out
 RRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRrrrRRR sound.  I used to call it
5 cyling, but a more accurate term would be 8 cycling.
Mike V