FW: MAF Upgrad

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Feb 25 14:46:03 GMT 1998

>Just had a better idea - use an ECU designed for an engine half the
>size/output, and add extra drivers do run the other ser of injectors.
>There is always more than one way to skin a cat - the first step is
>always the same - you have to catch the cat!!

I was thinking of using the stock ECM, doubling the injectors per cyl and
doubling the airflow, retaining the 14.7:1 a/f ratio (obviously, the math
is more complex than that, but it illustrates the idea).  I want the ECM to
think its running on a one inj per cyl system, without additional boost,
and to use the O2 sensor to compensate.

We must have different cats - all three of mine walk over to my lap and
sit.  Even the 24lb tomcat :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/