FW: MAF Upgrad

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Wed Feb 25 23:47:57 GMT 1998

NO ,differences in exsaust backpressure is as important as inlet pressure.
A nice thing to do is to connect the two exhaust manifolds together , after
the initial pressure is there. By using a waste gate , adjusted to open
at 0,4 kg.Then the turbo's can be speeded up by strong pulses.At high rpm.
the turbine is more efficient at constant pressure,connecting the exhaust
manifolds with a wastgate will dampen pulses.One cylinder can dump exhaust
into two turbos.If you use one wastgate in each turbo,connect both
wastgates
to one side pressure.It will dampen pressure occilation.Bevare of cracs at
wastgate valve surface.Small differences here will make one turbo pump
harder.
I talk from expiriance from modifying a Maserati biturbo (oddfier)with
modified cylinderheads,bigger turbos and Elektromotive Tec-1.
                    Espen Hilde