injector resistance

Scott Linder lindross at inetdirect.net
Sun Jan 4 21:27:46 GMT 1998

Ron Tyler wrote:

> Howdy,
>
>        Could someone please clarify what resistance each style of
> injector requires to live a long healthy life.
>
>    Thanx in advance, Ron Tyler

  Ron,

There is basicly two styles of injectors on the market.
1=high impedance  12-16 ohms
2=low impedance   1.5-3.0 ohms

Both styles have a different purpose in life and each operate somewhat
differently especially in the respect of applied current to operate.
Usually tbi single units are low resistance but that is not always true
as some port fuel ( ex: gm quad four) are low resistance also.
Ohm testing is NOT a solid test as a injector winding may test perfect
on a ohm test and fail under load.
As a fuel injector reconditioning shop we current load test each
injector 4-5 times during the reconditioning process as a quality
control issue.

What particular injector were you refering to and i can give you the
exact specs.

Jim Linder
the injector " guru"
www.lindertech.com