injector resistance

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Mon Jan 5 13:39:31 GMT 1998

With non sequential port fuel injection, fuel puddles behind the intake
valve.  When the valve opens, residual exhaust blows it upstream causing
good vaporization.  Other things to try are heating the intake air and
heating the fuel.  I believe Honda's last turbocharged Formula 1 engine
heated the fuel to 70 degrees C.  Gasoline has an end point around 300
degrees.  If you heat it to 150 or so, much of it will vaporize as it comes
out of the injectors.  Heat it to 300 and you can be injecting vapor.  Under
pressure in the fuel rail it would be liquid.  As it flowed past the
injectors, it would flash into vapor.

I'm not recommending that you actually do this.  I don't think I would want
300 degree fuel flowing around my car.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>