injector resistance

Scott Linder lindross at inetdirect.net
Tue Jan 6 03:22:13 GMT 1998

Ron,

injector resistance is a wide section of discussion.

Ex:  A Bosch unit in a 2.8 GM is usually from  15-16 ohms and the multec is
approx 12 ohms.
usually the ecm could handle the current from either unit but the bosch units
would operate at a slightly lower current draw.

peak and hold units are usually 1.5 to 3 ohms if in the GM product lines.

High performance units are sometimes low resistance due to the pintle not
wishing to lift at high pressures.

Jim Linder
the injector " guru"
www.lindertech.com