Leaded/Unleaded

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Thu Jan 8 04:05:06 GMT 1998

Tony Pucillo wrote:

> Clare and Frederic:
>
>         I've heard about the 3-angle valve job (well, had 'em doneon every one
> in recent years) as an improvement for breathing and seating, but
> nothing about lead/no lead, etc.
>
>         Maybe they inserted hardened seats at the same time.  About the time
> lead started getting really scarce, the benefits of the 3AVJ were really
> becoming known and would probably have been recommended for any valve
> job done about then.  [Machine shops aren't dumb.  It's a few more
> bucks, they make a bit more, you get a better product.]
>
>                                     Tony Pucillo
>
> [I speak only for myself unless I say otherwise.  One personality is
> quite enough, thank you.]
>
> "Castigat ridendo mores" <laughter succeeds where lecturing won't>
No arguement frm me on the 3 angle - it was grinding the valves at all
that I was thinking of, if the valve job was to help the
low-lead/no-lead problem.
--
                                _/\_

               Having some ISP trouble - changing things around
                                 NOTE!!!!
                  To avoid bouncing E-Mail messages
                  Reply to Clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!