ME looking for EE education!

John Dammeyer johnd at islandnet.com
Fri Jan 9 20:14:16 GMT 1998

At 07:05 PM 08/01/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>TBK wrote:
>>
>> I know Spice, but I never played with Pspice. I assume it just the UC Berk
>> code with a new frontend.
 So I guess my
>question is, how do I moitor the voltage in a circuit on the
>simulation side of this program and what kind of device do I
>put in instead of the injector?

Pick a relay, solonoid or an inductor.  A 12V relay will be slightly more
acurate because the inductance changes as the armature moves
in/out/away/towards the coil.  I haven't looked at the circuit but note that
there must also be a diode hooked up with the band (cathode) towards the
12V+.  This is because as the transistor is turned off,  the magnetic field
produced by current flowing through the injector collapses and that field
moves through the core and the winding generating a opposite polarity pulse
much higher in voltage than 12 volts.  Don't grump about it.  It's the
physics that makes the ignition coil function.  8-)

John
Automation Artisans Inc. is a company founded to provide unique, advanced
technology software and hardware solutions to the manufacturing industry so
that our customers can produce customized products at mass production costs.

Automation Artisans Inc.,   PO Box 20002 Sidney, BC CANADA V8L 5C9
Ph. 1-250-544-4950  Fax 1-250-544-4954