GM 3.8 v6 - add supercharger.

Justin Albury jalbury at tpgi.com.au
Fri Jan 9 20:39:03 GMT 1998

Craig Pugsley wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Do any of the GM gurus out there know if the supercharger on the current
> 3.8 v6 will bolt directly onto a non-supercharged version of the same
> and if only the memcal needs to be changed?
>
> Considering this swap for my 1995 Holden commodore. I think despite it
> being RWD it is otherwise identical to the FWD 3.8 v6 sold in the USA.
>
> Cheers,
> Craig.

hi craig
mate from the info i got from the vs and vt trainning school the
supercharger will bolt onto any ecotech engine but the pistons and comp.
ratio are different - that is :

super charged  8.5:1
165kw at 5200
307Nm at 2300
flex plate
balabce shaft
balancer
rocker covers & gaskets
cam shaft & cam gear
head gaskets
injectors
intake gaskets
fuel pump control module
memcal/prom
wireloom

probley left some items out but?????

i was working on a vs statsman yesterday 9/1/98 .....very nice .... tech
1 gives heaps of info on whats happening.....ha but nothing like vt with
tech 2 ....its hot!

Justin