fuel evaporation & injectors

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Sat Jan 10 18:41:22 GMT 1998

>Honda, and Cosworth on turbo racing engines place injectors into INLET of
>supercharger to maximize mechanical carboration of the fuel and take maximum
>advantage of the latent heat of evaporation.  (Yes - even with an
aftercooler)

Yes, this is very common.  In fact, I used to do this myself on a carb'd
engine, until I learned the hardway how destructive backfires are to
supercharger blades covered with fuel mist.  With Fuel Injection that's not
a problem, but its something to consider.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

---