Holley TBI in Jeep?

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Sat Jan 10 23:33:33 GMT 1998

Stephen Dubovsky wrote:

>   Hey guys, I need a TBI unit for my '84 2.5L inline 4 Jeep cherokee.  I
> saw holley carried a single barrel 300cfm unit for 2.0L-2.5L GM engines of
> the same era (82-86).  Is this thing going to be able to fit and has anyone
> had experience w/ it?  It LOOKS similar, a big hole in the middle w/ 2
> mounting holes for the 2 posts on the manifold.  The Jeep used to use a
> carter carb.  I figure, how many different sizes can there be;)  I tried to
> give holley a call, but they don't open until monday;(
>
> Tnx,
> SMD
What's wrong with a GM unit from, say a 2.5 S10 or Celebrity? Should be
a simple bolt-on, as it is the same engine. Use the GM ECU, sensors,
harness, etc - should be a dime a dozen at the auto-wreckers
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!