Aftermarket EFI systems?

john ziino jonzmatc at execpc.com
Sun Jan 11 02:11:42 GMT 1998

Jesse R. Ortiz wrote:

> Has anyone here ever had any experience with a TEC II, Haltech, Simple
> Digital Systems, Accel, or any other Aftermarket programmable engine
> management systems?  I'm wanting to get more info on the difficulty of
> programming, and the results that they give, such how 'streetable' they
> really are. Could they be used on a daily driven car without "headaches"
> once they are programmed? How difficult was it to attach to the wiring on
> the car such, such as for fuel pump, ignition switch, etc?
> Thanks..
> Jesse.

I have had a Haltech and Tec11 on a Pantera. The Haltech is very easy
and can be programed in a few hours. The Tec is harder to program, but
once you get it right, it is very streetable plus you also have ignition
timing along with fuel control. I would go with the Tec unit if I had a
choice. I have a heavy modified engine, with a large cam and the car is
mostly street driven and idles at 950rpm with very good low end and
great top end. The car was just chassis dynoed and had
451 rear horsepower with the potentional for another 50rwhp but the
clutch started to slip.