injector resistance

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Mon Jan 12 16:59:57 GMT 1998

-> There's a local injector guru here doing extensive research on
-> injector spray patterns and droplet sizes on a dyno and in a lab
-> using lasers to measure the the droplet size. When ever I drop-in for
-> a visit, it's all I hear. "Droplet size...droplet size...droplet
-> size."

 He's on the right track.  Droplet size counts - that's one reason why
Dell'Ortos always had better low and mid range power than Webers.  But
there's not that much you can do with a carb, and even less you can do
with a typical solenoid type injector.  Which is why I think Bosch had
the right idea with the old CIS continuous system, which also let them
snake a small diameter nozzle into the port and point it anywhere they
wanted, rather than having to compromise things because of the bulk of
the injector sitting atop the runner.