subaru [subaru?] ecu.

Chris Morriss crsm at oroboros.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 18:37:28 GMT 1998

In message <425568.7.uupcb at chaos.lrk.ar.us>, Dave Williams <dave.william
s at chaos.lrk.ar.us> writes

>-> [I wonder if you really could build a vacuum tube ECU?]

As an occasional builder of OTL (no output transformer) vacuum tube
audio power amps, I can safely say that the same techniques for getting
a controlled 20W or so into a 15 Ohm load would also drive the
injectors.

It would have to be a simple MAP sensed system only, with a timed
injection pulse every crank rev, but it could be done if someone really
wanted to do something strange.

If anyone really wanted do do it for a show or similar, then the first
thing to do is get some 6AS7 or 6080 low-impedance output triodes.
(sorry, I've sold all mine, but I do have some 7534A/E130L low impedance
pentodes that would manage the current)

Then again, it's just too silly really isn't it?....mind you, the first
audiophile EFI system would be amusing, you'd certainly get it featured
in the car mags!
--
Chris Morriss