Daewoo Cielo 150i chip

Wouter de Waal wrm at ccii.co.za
Wed Jan 14 10:56:48 GMT 1998

Hi all

Steve sez:

>On my S-10 Blazer which used to have the 2.8L v6, and a Chevy Corsica
>which also has the 2.8L v6, disconnecting the EGR solved this problem.

I don't *think* the Daewoo has EGR. How would I know? Some kind of valve
between the exhaust pipe and the inlet manifold? With a wire coming off that
you accidentally unplug?

We don't have emission control over here, more than half of everybody is
still running leaded, and I would assume that the only emmision related
stuff on the Daewoo would be the stuff that would have been to expensive to
take out, or not worth taking out, like the FI and timing maps for the
engine. I prefer my engines to idle BTDC, emission control seems to like it
at ATDC :-)

Justin: Delco 808? I'm a bit familiar with Bosch, but not the US stuff. Any
info out anywhere? (Yea I know, dream on...)

Thanks