Daewoo Cielo 150i chip

steve ravet steve at imes.com
Wed Jan 14 15:25:31 GMT 1998

Wouter de Waal wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Steve sez:
>
> >On my S-10 Blazer which used to have the 2.8L v6, and a Chevy Corsica
> >which also has the 2.8L v6, disconnecting the EGR solved this problem.
>
> I don't *think* the Daewoo has EGR. How would I know? Some kind of valve
> between the exhaust pipe and the inlet manifold? With a wire coming off that
> you accidentally unplug?

EGR valves that I have seen are vacuum operated actuators, 2-3 inches in
diameter, mounted to the intake manifold on a "stalk" a couple inches
long.  There are passages inside the head and intake that route exhaust
into the intake, the vacuum valve allows the two to mix.  Computer
engines will probably also have a few wires going to the valve, the ECM
pulse width modifies the vacuum signal to control when the valve opens.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems