GM MAP Sensors

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Wed Jan 14 17:23:00 GMT 1998

Dave Andruczyk wrote:

> > Does anyone here know which wires do what on the GM Map sensors? I'm also
> > wondering what the signal range is on the two, and three bar map sensors. Is
> > it just a voltage range, like 0-5v?
>
> Yep,  the map sensor is typically just a variable resistor.
> o volts goies in one term, 5 volts on the other, and the middle line (
> sometimes) is the output. ( wiper of the pot)
>
> you can tell which is which witha voltmeter..
> ends have the highest resistance between them.
>
> Dave
Except on some they are solid state, and although they ACT like a pot,
they don't measure like one. On these animals the voltage on the second
terminal varies with pressure, but an ohm-meter will not give you an
indication. Sort of like a variable voltage regulator, varied by MAP.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!