Daewoo Cielo 150i chip/ EGR valves

martin at mgass.demon.co.uk martin at mgass.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 06:32:31 GMT 1998

Thoughts about EGR valves :

Disconnecting the EGR connection to the ECU may cause check engine
code....maybe another way is as follows :
- If the EGR allows exhaust gas to enter the inlet by opening up
passageways in the block (I can't see any obvious external connection
on my 16V 2.0L GM) then why not physically remove the EGR from the
block....fabricate a suitable blanking plate from a flat piece of
metal to fit between the EGR and the block...then put the plate and
EGR back on.
This would prevent exhuast gas getting into the inlet whilst also
keeping the ECU happy because it can see the EGR electrical
connection and the EGR thinks it is working normally.
- Also easy to remove at yearly emissions test time !
- Any effects likely on CAT ?

Anybody have any views/comments ?

Martin
martin at mgass.demon.co.uk