Vapour Injected LPG

Joe Chiasson chiasson at hutchtel.net
Fri Jan 23 08:51:42 GMT 1998

> From: Justin Albury <jalbury at tpgi.com.au>
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Vapour Injected LPG
> Date: Monday, January 12, 1998 3:15 PM
>
> Hi all
>
> do any of you fine fokes out in automotive cyber workshops know of
> injector available to inject LPG as a vapour rather than a liquid??
>
> A mob in Sydney (Australia) called Gas Parts are working on this but
> still not available to the public.....or the trade for that matter..
>
> any help would be tops!
>
> Justin

Depending on the size of engine you are using if you can get a hold of
chrysler natural gas injectors they will work.  Put injectors from the 5.2L
NG on a 3.3L, it was a little weak when you stomped on it (injectors just
could not pass enough fuel when needed), however under normal driving
conditions the injectors worked fine. (Mind you I was useing the 3.3L
natural gas computer, not the gasoline.)

Servojet makes an injector can't remeber what for but I think it ethanol or
alcohol or something like that, they work good with vapour propane
injection if you have your own controller to program the maps.

GFI has a "vapour injection" system, don't know if they would split it up
and sell you any of the parts, if they have any parts. (Sort of having a
system reliability problem right now.

Walboro has a couple of injectors yet I don't beleive any are suited for
vapour propane injection.

GFI has a compuvalve system with some solenoids and injectors for trimming,
which typically is injected into the air horn yet I have seen it set up as
a continnous injection system.  The vehicle I saw this on had absolutely no
balls however. Now depending on what your needs are??

Do you know if these guys in Sydney (Gas Parts??) working on the vapour
injector have any afiliation with Docklands Science Park (who have a liquid
system based on a siemens dekka II bottom feed injector).

j.