Vapour Injected LPG

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Fri Jan 23 13:25:11 GMT 1998

bamcknig at postoffice.syspac.com wrote:

> Joe
>
> I think trying to inject liquid would be interesting. particularly
> with direct injection.  The problem I have been told is that butane,
> propane are fantastic refrigerants (except they burn) and freeze
> everything around when they change state.  Hence the big ole water
> heated vaporizers.  Maybe somebody makes some cryogenic injectors.
>
> Bob McKnight
> Phoenix
> az
Let me restate I am not an expert on this subject.  I agree when the lpg
vaporizes, the temperature of the gas really drops.  I know someone who
converted a '93 Chevy truck.  He is not a technical type, but he lead me
to believe the conversion used his original injectors and just piped the
lpg thru the fuel rail instead of gasoline.  So what happens at the
pressure regulator?

I may have to look into this to satisfy my curiosity.

Joe Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro   '81 TBI Suburban