Altering ECU Code/Data - GM16 pin OBD-II

martin at mgass.demon.co.uk martin at mgass.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 22:49:23 GMT 1998

I want to know how to alter parameters on this complicated (surface
mount EEPROM type) ECU. (SimTec)

So far I have found out the following :.

- Looks like Diacom is for monitoring only.

- Query still in with CarComp Inc.

-I know that Superchips know how to re-program via the OBD-II
interface (which by the way I think is the ISO9141-2 and not SAEJ1850
interface 'cos only pins 3 thro 7, 12 and 16 have physical
contacts)...Note the SuperTuner.2001 looks interesting.

- Anybody else know how to do it ?.

- I guess my real quest is how to get a 1996 GM2litre 16V to run fully open loop
for performance reasons only.  The CAT can be put back when returned to
road use.  In the UK Group N ECU's were available (189bhp) for
pre-CAT early (non-EcoTech) 16V units, but not for later ones.

Martin
martin at mgass.demon.co.uk