Simple FI

Rich Mauruschat richm at sykes.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 10:06:58 GMT 1998

<< I really WOULD like to know about ANY other "simplified"
 FI systems; it's a keen interest of mine at present. Any
 leads/names/etc. gratefully appreciated.>>

<<One system is
Emerald M3D management system,
By Emerald Cams, tel ( U.K. ) 01717 377 114.
U.K. pounds 434.75, including P.C. software,
It will run a V8 by fireing injectors in two groups, and has ignition map as
well as fuel. sensors are only throtle position, water temp, and revs.>>

These guys are very helpful and genuinely interested in what they do, speak
to Dave Walker (boss) or Karl (electronics wizard). There were some problems
with V8 initially due to crossfireing resulting from the distributor being
the rpm trigger, this I believe is all sorted now by using a crank mounted
trigger instead. I have seen the software & it looks pretty straightforward.
By the way, they also produce some very interesting cam profiles (spookily)
for Ford 4-cyl (sohc pinto, x-flow, cvh).
Rich.