Hi everybody., new to this group ! *** THANKS !!!! ***

Tony Cooper tony.cooper at virgin.net
Tue Jan 27 09:38:01 GMT 1998

Will Honea wrote:

> ** Reply to note from xxalexx at ix.netcom.com Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:59:37 +0000
> > How about the dallas 40 MHz 8051?. I use PICS with RISC architecture 5 MIPS at 20MHz. with 25 mA
> > high voltage ports. Development systems are the lowest cost.
>
> Still a PITA to program, especially if subsatntial computation is involved.  It's also not my favorite part to
> design into hardware - too many 'special' features.  As for Dallas, my only real experience with them was
> that they were always priced out of the product by virtually everyone else.  As a practice, I try to use
> whichever processor best fits the task at hand since each has it's own strong points - as long as there is a
> viable second source.
>
> Will Honea
> whonea at codenet.net

And what about the AVR chips from fingy (Forgot who now....sorry). They
are slightly RISC, but quite quick for what they are. 1 mip per mhz -
nice -  and upto 16mhz... more nice.

Plus the development system/software emulator is FREE - and they cost
about the same as PICS do.

Just me 2p's worth
Tony
--
Sent By Tony Cooper.
email: tony.cooper at virgin.net
Allow at least 10 working minutes for reply. ;)