C3 EPROM socket

Kevin Vannorsdel kv at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 27 20:45:15 GMT 1998

I am gradually getting closer to playing the PROM swap game...and...

I have come to really hate those little plastic PROM holders in the C3 ECM's.
Last night I managed to stick a standard 24 pin (machined pin) IC socket into
the C3 without using that goofy plastic thing.  I then plugged the PROM into
this new socket.  Everything seems to function and I made it all the way into
work without it vibrating loose or anything.

Has anyone tried something like this?  I am actually thinking now of plugging a
ZIF socket into the above socket... and then
PROM swaps will be NO problem...

Any comments?

  Kevin Vannorsdel     IBM Arm Electronics Development
    408-256-6492                Tie 276-6492     kv at us.ibm.com