business idea

Tregacorp Tregacorp at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 20:23:15 GMT 1998

Hello,

Just wanted to run an idea by you.

         Ok, I am sick of working 9-5 and want to work for myself.  I have
been researching starting a home business, and came up with the following
idea.

        Providing people with a consulting service for the purchase of new and
used cars.  Basically for a fee, evaluate used cars with the customer, and
give them an honest evaluation based on blue book value, my experiences, and
internet resources.  Currently there are sites, where you can see the accident
history of any car, by the VIN number.  I would also offer reports on used
vehicles online via the internet, using newsgroup resources and other internet
sites.   Basically I would be compiling information that other people do not
have time for.  Future plans include a mobile repair van, and maybe a
windshield repair operation.  I am planning on doing this part time, until I
am secure in leaving my current job.

Do you think people would pay to have this information?

What would you pay to have this information?

Is there someone else doing this, that I don't know about in the area?

Thank you for your time,
Kevin