72 Stang to EFI conversion

Scott Shotton stucky at interaccess.com
Thu Jan 29 01:40:54 GMT 1998

James Weiler wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Scott Shotton wrote:
>
> > Reccomendation:  check into a later model ford EEC IV engine management
> > system that has a data stream.  That way you can watch values and
> > diagnose problems with a conventional scanner.  Ford was late to jump
> > this band wagon and it is a real shame.  However, since I am Factory
> > Ford trained, I understand how to diagnose problems in these systems and
> > therefore have job security at my full time technical job.
> >
> > Talk to you later.
> > Ex Factory Ford Tech
> > Full time everything tech (currently)
> > Scott
> >
> What years would this be?
> thanks
> jw

The only way to really tell is to plug a scanner in and see if you have
the option of a data line.  There is no written text on this subject.
That I know of at least.  If I were a betting man, I would say that
almost all Fords had it by 1994 model year.  Some were earlier and some
were later.  By 96 (OBDII) all have it.  But 94 is a safe bet for a
Mustang.

If one rolls into the shop, I'll check and let you know if I find
something different.

Scott