sequential efi on 440?

Carl Summers InnovativeTechnologies at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 30 01:13:33 GMT 1998

Mike Williams wrote:

> I'm building a chrysler 440 for in my 4x4 picup and would like to use
> sequential efi. I sent mail to Electromotive and Felpro. Have'nt heard
> from them yet. Right now I'm triing to decide on the cam. Called Comp
> cams for advice, they said most mutiport efi makers don't recommend a
> cam 220 degrees duration @0.050. Is this right and why?  P.S. Most of
> the material in this group is over my head but I'm learning. Thanks to
> you all...Mike

Mike,
  It has been my experience that cams with too much overlap don't like
to idle at 14.7 afr,,,If you have a way to adjust your afr(closed loop)
at say 1000 rpm and down, it can be taken care of,,,other wise you can
run as large a cam as you want,,,One other note about large cams is they
tend to have very little vacuum at low rpm and right off of idle
increase their efficiency dramatically causing major changes required in
the map,,,and if EGR is a factor the EGR tables have to be changed
accordingly(as large overlap EGR's itself under manifold vacuum) It can
be a nightmare to tune. But the horsepower increase of a large cam is
always nice......hope this helps....
-Carl Summers