Subaru & OBD2 ???

Ron & Cathy Webb cwebb at polarnet.com
Fri Jan 30 01:39:32 GMT 1998

> Do you know where the maps are stored?

No, but I'm told that the owner of that web site will respond to
such questions.

Does the processor use an internal or an external Rom?

The EEPROM Type is also there I think It is external, and there
is (on his version at least) a socket for a 27C1024.
Unfortunately that is an obsolete chip, and 16 bits wide- a
little magic with 2 27512's and some "ttl glue" can work (again
so I'm told).

I´ve already ordered the data sheet for this processor.

The Mitsubishi web site (can't find it at the moment, but I was
there the other day...) has all the data for downloading.

It shouldn´t be a problem to read the maps from an internal rom.
As the ECU is programable by obd2-interface.

If you succeed, I'd be interested.

> Can you give me the japanese web-address from subaru?

I'd be surprised if Soob's much help - the auto OEM's are
intentionally cryptic sometimes....

Ron