sequential efi on 440?

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jan 30 02:36:38 GMT 1998

Gotta agree with Carl on the cam timing

Two other items, in passing, the Map type sensors will
generate very erratic idle voltages, and the ecm will
just folow that.  Dampening the signal mechanically,
and elec I tried neither with any good results.  I almost
beleive there may be some inertia in the diapharm
(of the sensor) itself which causes part of the problem.
  I'm running a 224d @.050, and it took alot to get it
to idle.  Meaning trying numerous timing mixture
combinations, and reworking the pintles on the IAC.
  On the MAF type systems if their is any reversion
the MAF sensor can get confused, it generates a
signal proportional to air flow, either way, so you
may have very rich spots which will need correcting,
in the fuel tables.
  Given enough time you can get it, but be prepared to
spend a BUNCH of time getting it right.

This is a chart of my last chip  the top being Kpa
vertical rpm  and the entries VE (mixture)
            20  30  40  50  60  70  80  90  100
400        0    0    0  16  16  36  41  50  54
800        0    0    0  16  18  39  47  52  54
1200      0    0    0  29  45  50  51  57  60
1600      0    0   25 46  50  51  54  58  61
2000      0    0   51 49  51  53  57  59  62
Getting those jumps right is a 1 by 1 change and
drive, item.  As errattic as those numbers are, the
motor is as smooth as silk (well for a EFI rump rump
cam).
HTH  Bruce     Cone hats are kewl..