Northstar +Haltech

Peter Datcuk PDatcuk at ewa.com
Fri Jan 30 17:13:56 GMT 1998

  I am planning on swapping a Northstar V8 into my car this summer.  I do not plan on using the stock transmission, and I believe that I will have troubles with the stock ECM without it due to the tight integration.  So I think I am going to use an aftermarket fuel management system, maybe a Haltech unit.  I would like to get the stock fuel and ignition tables out of the OEM ECM to provided a baseline in programing the new computer.  Anyone have suggestions/ideas on the viability of doing this?  Frankly, any info on the electronics, how to read the code, etc would be helpful.

Pete Datcuk
Sewell, NJ
'87 4cyl 5sp parts car, 161,000 before retirement
'87 4cyl 5sp metallic red w/wing, Konis in front
    and sway bar in rear, helluva nice stereo
'67 Jeep Commando, in pieces at the moment.