sequential efi on 440?

Scott Knight sknight at mich.com
Fri Jan 30 18:22:10 GMT 1998

Hey Mike,

Mike Williams wrote:

> I'm building a chrysler 440 for in my 4x4 picup and would like to use
> sequential efi. I sent mail to Electromotive and Felpro. Have'nt heard
> from them yet. Right now I'm triing to decide on the cam. Called Comp
> cams for advice, they said most mutiport efi makers don't recommend a
> cam 220 degrees duration @0.050. Is this right and why?  P.S. Most of
> the material in this group is over my head but I'm learning. Thanks to
> you all...Mike

Don't sweat the camshaft with a FelPro unit.  I have one on my racecar
and it is simple to tune the idle and off idle even with a camshaft that
has well over 270 degrees @ .050".  It idles at nearly atmospheric
pressure, but there is enough resolution that you can tune those cells
to work just fine with a little fiddling.  Good luck.

Later dates.
Scott Knight  mailto:sknight at mich.com
http://www.mich.com/~sknight IRC: SS396man
'95 Black Impala SS
'95 Black Impala SS-crashed
'96 Black K3500 Ext. Cab Duallie 7.4L Vortec
'94 Ducati 900SS CR