Variable Cam Stuff

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 2 03:33:42 GMT 1998

The simplest thing I ever saw for this cam timing thing was a Varicam  mfgd. in
the 60's    it was patented, but the company failed I heard...
it was a large pair of springs on an adjustable tension arrangement and an
adjustable travel arrangement....just screw down the springs to delay retard
and set the amount of advance retard where you wanted it....all located on the
cam gear....simple as hell...don't know why company failed....they worked well
in cars that had them.....in dragracing...GENE