Variable Cam Stuff

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Thu Jul 2 12:54:49 GMT 1998

Another issue is that the torque on a cam is not consistent as it turns.  A
V-8 pushrod cam is not too bad but a cam for a DOHC 4 cyl  or V-6 really
jumps around as it turns.  A variable timing device needs to accommodate
that.  I think a simple friction or centrifugal device would not control
position well.
Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>