88 Buick VIN 3 stalling, ECM?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jul 3 12:13:37 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Re: 88 Buick VIN 3 stalling, ECM?

88 Buick Century wagon with 3.8 SFI(hah) V6, approx. 97k miles

>>My parents bought it new in 88. They decided to get rid of it about 5
>>years ago because it had always idled rough, left them stranded once
>>(crank sensor), and was intermittently prone to stalling when you let
>>off the throttle at low speed around town.

There are very few cars that I've worked on that I couldn't get right,
and you own one of them.  The best results I had were changing the
IAC to a different pintle design.
    If someone gave me one, and I had to drive it.  I'd go to the library
and find the newest closest congifuartion, of ecm/pintle/IAC, and
then go to the nearest recycling center and get those pieces.
Drive home, and try them.
  Other choice is having some custom pintles made, and trying them.
MHO is there is something basically wrong with the software/hardware of that
car.
Cheers
Bruce