Please help a novice

MPoore10 at aol.com MPoore10 at aol.com
Fri Jul 3 15:14:34 GMT 1998

I have been stumped by a code 53 on an '85 Corvette. The alternator is not
overcharging. I have swapped ecm's. The voltage at B2 is the same as system
voltage. I was also getting a 52 and 53. I replaced the fuel pump relay and
calpak. I have tried to order the factory service manual but it is
backordered. My Haynes manual doesn't cover this except to say it is an over-
voltage condition.

I don't know if this coincided with the code, but I changed to a high output
coil and performance ignition module. I also added a adj. fuel pressure reg.

I would appreciate any advice. If someone has a factory manual and a acanner I
would REALLY appreciate a copy of the troubleshooting procedure.

Temporarily driving a crappy truck,

Mike