What SU stands for

Jim Davies jimd at vcc.bc.ca
Sat Jul 4 17:50:17 GMT 1998

On Sat, 4 Jul 1998, Dave Williams wrote:

> -> Odd you should mention black.. at least Lucas have the common
> -> decencyto color code their harnesses.   Peugot OTOH .... well ...
> -> black with numbers??
>
>  Yes!  YES!  YESYESYESYES!
>
>  I had an old VW Beetle with numbered wires.  It was wonderful.  White
> with numbers, as I recall.
>
>  This "color" stuff is all a giant scam anyway.  I can't see it, and I
> don't believe anyone else really can either.  My wife claims to be able
> to, but when I ask her to use the wiring diagram to mark the wires she
> claims the wires are "mauve" and "chartreuse" or "taupe" and don't match
> anything on the diagram.  Friends who claim to be able to see this
> "color" stuff aren't much more help, so I wind up marking all the
> identical gray wires with pieces of tape, just like I have to do without
> their so-called help.

One of the few helpful things I experienced when in the Air Force [yes,
there was one in Canada way back...] was a thorough test for color
blindness. I had always assumed that color blindness was obvious eg green
instead of blue etc. Many people have very small errors and often in only
one area of the spectrum. Even though I was one of the lucky ones, with
almost no problems, I still dont have a clue what color mauve is though...
probably a gender thing.