Accel DFI Systems

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Jul 5 16:44:41 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Ciobota <dciobota at hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: Accel DFI Systems

Personally I find most magazine info. no better than a news bullentin.
They get free demos to evaluate, and then sell the results in the
magazines.  So they wind up with as few guys as they can get away with
paying as little as possible to write about products, that they want to
continue to get free stuff from.  Sound like the info might be tainted?.
    IMHO, spending these amounts of money, is kinda throwing money
away.  If you want to tune a EFI, get a gm box, some TTS software,
a burner/eraser and have at it.
    Want on the fly, get the Kal Maker for the gm box.
    Break a gm box, and go to a junk yard, and get a replacement.
Just talked to a guy that "smoked" a Holley Box, replacement $441
Talked to a guy some weeks ago junkyard had a sale all you can
carry (ecms included) $20.  Gee quess what sounds best to me.
    GM hates to "eat" warranty repairs, and the EPA says things
should last 50K miles.  Gee, guess who is going to build a very
durable ecm.
    While Accel is rather large, they don't weight in like GMC.
IHMO, FWIW, <g>.
Cheers
Bruce           Prozac reserves are low since the CSH Staff found
                     out this weekends NASCAR race is being postphoned