Fw: Turbo sizing

Shannen Durphey Shannen at mcn.net
Sun Jul 5 19:31:49 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> [...]

Thanks.

> >3 Anyone with efi to efi turbo conversion experience willing to
> >share what it took?
>
> Did a EFI Fiat X1/9 once, was spectacular.  Was back in like 80/81.
> Blew lots of head gaskets getting it right.  Used a Bosch ecm, and
> wasn't very friendly.
>   Mind sharing what you're tinking about.

93 Cavalier, 2.2, manual trans and no A/C.  Damn reliable and ok power
but thinking I'd like a little more without big rework. Also don't have
2.8 or 3.1 handy but can get some factory turbos for nuttin.  I'll
definitely live with *slight* performance gains as this car must remain
damn reliable.
Shannen