a/c r134-r12

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Mon Jul 6 15:02:26 GMT 1998

Scott Schaaf wrote:

> How much OTHER stuff needs to be changed to run 134a?   I heard the oils
> are not compatible,  and the 12 oil will contaminate the 134.   If this is
> so,,, how do you get ALL the old oil out??

There is an easier solution than a retrofit.  R-406a is compatible with
R-12 and the mineral oil, and is a little more efficient due to the fact
that it's a blend of refrigerants.  ie it works a little better than
R-12, whereas R-134a works a little worse.  It sells under trade names
Chillit and Autofrost.  See www.autofrost.com.  You don't have to change
oil, o-rings, or anything else.  You can even mix it with R-12, but if
you're in the USA and the EPA catches you, they'll cut your weiner off.
Been using it for over a year w/no problems.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems