Prom burning, and erasers

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Jul 6 20:19:28 GMT 1998

I'm using a programmer from ART (Applied Reader Technology), available
from Jameco.  It interfaces via an RS232 serial port.  An interface
program for DOS is included, but all that is really needed is a terminal
emulator.  So, it works on Windows/DOS/Mac/Unix/Whatever.

There are two versions available: a 28 pin version for $190 and a 32 pin
version for $210.  I have the smaller and wish I had gotten the bigger
one - it adds extra capabilities even for smaller EPROMs.  Neither
version handles the old 3-supply (2708) EPROMs nor any of the TI pinout
EPROMs (TMS2532).