730 PEAK AND HOLD

peter paul fenske ffnsp955 at bcit.bc.ca
Mon Jul 6 22:20:55 GMT 1998

Hi Gene and all

Well I am not 100% sure.

But theory wise say if VGS is 3 volts lets say the drive signal
to the igfet is 4.3 volts through the diode or gate
the voltage allowed through the source resistor would be
1.3 volts. Assuming a .3 ohm resistor is used this would allow
a max current of 4 amps. More than this will decrease VGS which
will decrease the current which will increase VGS, which....
Putting a small cap in parallel with the resistor should give you
a bit of peak drive

Important I haven't tried this.

But the .3 ohm resistors are there.
Also the voltage across the .3 ohm resistor goes to one of
the A/D channels. This is so the ecm can sense a shorted injector.

So one way is to flag those apps, ecms which list a injector fault code.

However in the 730 I dissected the via between this .3 ohm resistor and
the A/D to plug trace is not connected. Instead they use the a/d channel
for ac or something. So maybe this explains why there are different
ecm numbers for essentially the same cct board.

later:peter